Your Menu will Help you Determine what Restaurant Equipment you Need
Deciding what restaurant equipment to purchase can be quite the daunting task, especially once you discover the many different types of commercial kitchen equipment items that are available. While there are a variety of ways you can determine what products will be essential to help make your restaurant business a success, one of the best ways to narrow down your options is to decide what foods will be on your menu.
Knowing what types of meals you will serve your customers will help you figure out what kinds of equipment needs you have, as well as how to set up your kitchen effectively to ensure optimal production. After all, it only makes sense for you to have the specific equipment that is required to deliver what your menu promises.
To give you an idea of how your menu can assist in the selection of restaurant equipment, the following are a few examples of popular menu items and the sort of equipment that is ideal for making these foods.
- Prep table for constructing the sandwich and storing food contents. Some prep tables are also refrigerated to keep foods cool and unspoiled.
- Convection oven necessary for restaurants that make their own bread. This style of oven is ideal for bread making because it blows heat throughout the oven, which decreasing the risk of burning the bottom portion of the bread.
- Conveyor toaster perfect for toasting prepared sandwiches ready to be served.
- Commercial microwave is good for reheating sandwich contents that need to be warmed or melted.
Soups and Stews
- Stock pot range, depending on the size of your kitchen, you could obtain stock pot ranges for preparing soups and stews for the countertop, or ones for the floor.
- Steam Kettle is an ideal appliance for any restaurant where soup or stew is a popular menu item and is in high demand. Unlike a stock pot range, this equipment is designed to heat the liquid from all angles and not only the bottom. This prevents scorching. What’s more, most steam kettles are equipped with a spigot or tilt that makes decanting a breeze.
Chicken and/or Steak
- Charbroiler grill is excellent for cooking meat, a charbroiler not only adorns meat with classic grill marks, but also infuses it with the savory smoky flavor that many people love.
As you can see from the above examples, what you cook, bake or prepare, dictates the type of restaurant equipment you will need to make your menu a reality.